Monday, October 31, 2005

How sad is my life?


I just got a trick-or-treater! Yay!!!

And that my friends, is how sad my life is.

I've been sitting here since I got home from work about an hour and 15 minutes ago doing the same thing I've done every Halloween for the last few years, hoping against hope that I'd have trick-or-treaters, and I finally got one. She was cute too, she was a Princess with Shirley Temple curls. I gave her a whole handful of miniature candy bars.

With the exception of the "Blog Plug" post on Saturday, I haven't posted in a while. There is a reason for this...I AM INSANE! Actually, I'm just a work-a-holic and we had a crazy couple of weeks. In fact, it has been so crazy I decided to go to work today dressed as a sane person... trust me, it's a stretch. The sad thing is, that while I was crazy busy at work the rest of my life was a big 'ole snore. So, I don't really have much to write about.


Let's see how long I can write about nothing. It'll be fun.

How about about Halloween? For a long time Halloween was my favorite holiday, I used to get all decked out. But I think the last time I got dressed up was when I hosted a party in college dressed as "Glinda, the good Bitch" ... not such a stretch. Wait! There was the year that I had a party after working a show, I just wore a purple dress and went to the party dressed as a grape. Unfortunately, the past couple of years have been pretty dreary. These days when people ask me what I'm going to be for Halloween (which are pretty much my neices and nephews) I tell them I'm going to be a serial killer or something equally lame so that I don't have to even pretend to dress up.

This year though, I got a trick-or-treater! I made chicken & dumplings (the ultimate comfort food) and watched Sunday's Desperate Housewives on the DVR. And now, since he is almost 3 weeks old, I'm going to go finish the blanket I've been knitting for Max. Once that is done I'll be able to say, "It's been a good day."

1 comment:

Cecily R said...

Honestly, the last time I really dressed up was when I was pregnant with Gracie and Jon made me wear a red shirt with a leaf on my belly. I was a tomato. Before that it had been years. My kids are annoyed with that fact. I on the other hand, am fine with it. :)