Thursday, October 13, 2005

3 on 1

No, we aren’t talking basketball, and if your brain is in the gutter, get it out!

Let me explain. On October 13, 1942 my mother was born. Happy Birthday Mom! 62 years later, on October 13, 2004, her 8th grandchild Grace (yup, that’s her real name) was born. Now, today, October 13, 2005 her 9th grandchild, Alexander Maxwell (Max) was born. Yay!!!

In fact, in my family we don’t believe in original birthdays. My oldest niece was born on her Dad’s birthday, my oldest nephew was born the day after my Dad’s birthday, four or five kids later my nephew was born on my Grandma’s birthday, and then came Gracie and Max.

Don’t even get me started on February birthdays. I truly love my sisters-in-law, but three of the four have birthday’s in February. Now, this wouldn’t be a problem if there weren’t already 28,000 birthday’s in February, in just my immediate family. Ok, so you should know that I’m prone to exaggeration…which is a bit of an understatement. In reality my birthday, my brother Blon – yes, I’m back to changing names – and my sister Blemily’s birthdays are all in February. Yes, having a birthday in February sucks, I’ve been trying to change mine for years, but no one will listen to me!

So Happy Birthday Mom, Gracie and Max!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gutter ...basketball...3...is that the HOLLYWOOD 3?
Tarantino - Sting- Cruise?
We are piecing it together.
And with all the logbooks and witnesses, can you imagine where you all will be 10 years from now?
I can't.
Either can Mel.