Thursday, August 30, 2007

Grobanites are crazy!

Josh Groban, The Rave - a Film by Lara Deppe


You might think I'm kidding, but I actually went to a Josh Groban concert last night and had a great time! That boy has a golden voice.

The thing that was truly scary about that concert though? The "Grobanites!" Holy cow, these are some freaky women. If you look on Wikipedia, you'll see "Grobanites" defined as: "Grobanites are a group of Josh Groban's most radical, devoted fans. Grobanites come from all over the world and are male or female and of a wide range of ages. However, most Grobanites are female (might I add over 40)." Then you head over to thatjoshgrobanguy.com and you read this: "A "fan" sees Josh as a great singer, a Grobanite sees him as a great person who happens to have an amazing voice and a gift for creating beautiful music."

At first when my friend Lara joined friendsofjoshgroban.com or as she affectionately refers to it "f.o.j.g.", I wondered if the stories she told were true. Well, wonder no more ladies and gentlemen, they are. I spent the night last night in awe about how these women swoon of this boy.

All in all it was a great concert (though not the kind of rock concert I'm used to) and I definately consider myself a fan. And as freaky as the "Grobanites" are, they are women with very good hearts. They have raised more than a half of a million dollars for the Josh Groban Foundation that is fighting Aids in Africa and you all know how I feel about that. :-)

p.s. The video is from the concert when he is talking about the glow sticks and paper hearts in the audience (from the Grobanites), and making a joke about how his next tour is going to be a rave. Can you imagine? Josh Groban and the Grobanites at a Rave? I'd definitely pay to see it.

No comments: