Friday, September 14, 2007

My Day Yesterday

I had a very odd day yesterday. It started out crap and ended up crap, but there was good stuff in between. How did my day start out crap you ask? A cold shower. Not a pretty thing. Yesterday was the opening concert of our season at work and it wasn't a good day for a cold shower. So I grabbed my clothes, my shampoo and conditioner, and all the necessary accoutrement's, called and left a message for my landlord, and headed for my parents to shower.
Lara & Mary heading up to the concert


I got to work about 15 minutes late and the workday went just fine. In fact, at our first concert of the 2007-2008, Andre Watts Plays Beethoven with the Utah Symphony, we had the most people in an opening classical series concert since I've been employed with the Ogden Symphony Ballet Association (it's usually a pretty hard sell). Unfortunately, I was in the ticket office too long to hear Andre Watts play Beethoven's 5th Piano Concerto.

View from the inside of a ticket office (yeah, it's kind of a prison).


So I wandered up to the roof of the Browning Center and took some photos.


The Northern Sky



The Western Sky


The Spaceship on the top of the Browning Center

So, once intermission came I went back to work pouring lemonade for the society big wigs who were just dying to meet Mr. Watts. That's what I call being a good Marketing Manager don't you? The intermission ended and I finally got to go in to the concert. Most people know this about me, but some don't, I'm a nerd when it comes to Classical Music. I absolutely love it! And I'm telling you, last night I wasn't disappointed. The Utah Symphony played Holst's The Planets and it was absolutely stunning.


How did my day end crappy? Still no hot water.

2 comments:

Cecily R said...

I don't know why I didn't see this post earlier, but I LOVE the photos! Seriously! Am I gushing? I'm gushing. I'm tired. Three hours does not a night of sleep make!

Melissa said...

I love it when you gush!