Monday, June 19, 2006

Will My Heart Go On?


Last week I went on vacation. And boy, what a vacation it was! I'm sure you are wondering what this photo is about, and I'll tell you. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, Celine Dion was on the Teacups with us at Disneyland. And while that wasn't necessarily the high point of our trip, it was certainly one of them.

Actually the high point of our trip was seeing my friend Robert playing Javert in Les Miserables. Incredible! They are only on tour for another 6 weeks so if you are in one of the cities they are playing, I definitely recommend it. He really does kick ass.

Other high points were:
  • The fact that I made it through a road trip without killing someone.
  • Going to the Ocean for the first time in my life.
  • Loria. (It seems that I can only survive road trips with her. She's incredibly Zen.)
  • Spending time with Emily who is always good for a laugh.
  • And Disneyland...again, another first.

Now let's talk about the low points. Low points didn't really happen until about 8:30 Friday night, the last night of our trip at... yes, the Happiest Place on Earth. First of all, I didn't take good shoes. I should have known, but I'd never had a problem with these shoes, so I thought they'd be OK. Hmmmm... no. By 8:30 I had the beginnings of a blister the size of Rhode Island on the ball of my foot, that grew in to a blister the size of Texas. We decided to watch the fireworks and Loria got punched in the chest, then yelled at for being too close to the person who hit her. Well, that was the beginning of the end for her. From then on she was thrown from one end of the park to another by incredibly stupid people.

By the end of the night we were ready to go home. The vacation was great and it was time for it to be over. Well, this is Melissa we are talking about and it's NEVER that easy. When we got off the shuttle to the parking lot Loria said to me "Did I give you the keys?" ...

Let's just make the long story short and say that God was smiling on us because the next morning they were at lost and found and we were able to drive home. Sigh!

So, yes, my heart will go on. I no longer have to hobble from place to place, and I can actually laugh about my first ever trip to "The Happiest Place on Earth."

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I certainly hope not. What would that say about the Happiest Place on Earth?

johnnyanne said...

I thought the Happiest Place on Earth was Wal-Mart. Isn't that why the greeters give you a smiley sticker when you go in the store?

Cecily R said...

I don't think that's a cigarette, I think it's her incredibly large diamond sticking out from her finger. Neat.